Welcome to District 201Q2
About District 201Q2
This beautiful area covers the sugar fields of the Mackay region in the south, up north to Cooktown and Weipa and stretching out west to the Gulf and Mount Isa It includes the large industrial and administrative centre of Townsville and the major tourist centres of Cairns, the Atherton Tablelands, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands and The Great Barrier Reef.
We have five Lions Clubs in Papua New Guinea: Tabubil, Port Moresby, Madang, Lae and Lae Lioness , all making up this very large and diversified District.
District Governor 2022-23 Michael MacLaren's Theme : Moving together towards Tomorrow
- AIMS By the end of the 2022-23 Lions year, we as a District will achieve:
- Service: 100% of Clubs reporting Service in MyLion. 100% of clubs in our district provide or suppport meaningful service projects.
- Membership Development
- A net growth of 60 new members in current clubs. Two new clubs in addition to those being rebuilt
- Leadership Development: Training for 95% ofclub officers and 100% of Zone Chairpersons with all sessions being reported. Regular information / education sessions will be held via online and face to face modes to support all District Lions.
- Lions Clubs International Foundation:
- Our district members and clubs will support LCIF in it's fundraising activities
- Raising Our Profile
- Lions Clubs in our District will be well known for their Community Service rather than being the best kept secret with 90% of projects being promoted in the local and wider communities.
- Succession Planning Good Succession Planning at Club and District Level will be evidenced by 85% of clubs showing full officer contingent for the following year. At District level all positions will be filled with 70% confident new Cabinet Officers ( supported with leadership training) for the 2023-24 year.
mULTIPLE DISTRICT CONVENTION 2023
World Vision day
Lap The Map - Diabetes Awareness day
- Log your activities and add to the kilometres walked/ridden etc around Australia and support fundraising.
- Have an awareness day on14th November 2021.
- Members can walk for up to 1 week or 3 months and
- keep a record. Clubs & Zones can put together a project for the day.
- Clubs to work together with the whole of the District team
Environment Clean up Australia Day activities: World Environment Day
• Tree planting day. National tree day – Clubs/ Zones
organize a project – maybe in conjunction with
local school or scout group.
• Collect scrap metal and sell ( fundraiser for Club).
• Recycle bottles and cans. There is an avenue for clubs
to work with hospitals to collect the water bottles
• Clubs to use bio-degradable items with sausage
sizzles, food vans etc.
• Australia Day Clean-Up – partner with them. Adopt an area all year around to keep clean; clear the drains and advertise your pride in the care taken
- In times of disaster - fire , floods, cyclones etc ;check your neighbours, your community
- Make sure that your Lions Club assets are registered for your local Disaster relief as able to be used for these events.
- December 25th: A time when we consider family & friends but also those who need support the most.
- Remember those without famlly to visit; care of the elderly in the Nursing Homes and your neighbours who might need that extra special Christmas card or gift
- Volunteer for yor local homeless food outlet across this time.
- Lions Awareness Day
- Have a display stall at markets, shopping centre.
- PR – promote Lions have a sports day in your local park.
- Dog Walk. Colour Fun Run.
- These events can also be a Fundraiser.
Australian Lions 75th Jubilee 29th September 2022
- Develop a sensory garden in your local dementia ward / nursing home so patients can see the beautiful colours.
- Approach your council NOW to be part of the garden planting plan for 202
- Club members could plant out their own gardens with flowers, flowering shrubs etc.
- Clubs to work with school groups to plant a flower garden.
- WHAT A SIGHT in September 2022: hundredsof flowers in bloom celebrating 75 years of Lions in Australia
- Remember to report your efforts in My Lion and your Northern Lion with photos to share